Title Software Implementation Consultant
Department Global Customer Success
Reports to Dir of Professional Services
The Implementation Consultant manages the tactical executables for the overall project implementation (e.g., system configuration, requirements validation, internal project communication, project tracking, risk mitigation, issue escalations for projects, user acceptance testing, etc.). They assist in the overall project planning (e.g., developing business requirements, implementation roll-out plans, deployment strategies, sign-offs from key internal and external stakeholders, post-implementation audits, etc.).
The Implementation Consultant works with the Implementation Project Manager, Operational Business Units, and Information Technology to identify implementation criteria, and acts as the tactical contact throughout the project’s implementation. This position will work on multiple implementation projects at the same time and provide ongoing analysis of implementation project plans, statistics, outcomes, lessons learned, and post-implementation audits.
Purpose, Scope, and Responsibilities
- Manages data analysis and system configuration during the implementation phase for multiple projects within multiple geographies.
- Assists with gathering requirements, identifying and managing scope, and providing solutions to complex business problems
- Supports development and deployment of the project plan; maintains project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Responsible for user acceptance testing activities (UAT) to ensure the successful delivery of the final end solution and all customer business requirements have been successfully achieved.
- Reports on project progress and develops user acceptance programs; forwards project documents to stakeholders to obtain sign-off, agreement on project costs, and needed resources.
- Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact.
- Supports communication plans to ensure those affected by projects are informed and updated.
- Follows up with assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage the productivity of the team, project timelines, and deliverables.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations.
- Provides weekly status reports to project stakeholders regarding project accomplishments, plans for the upcoming week, and issues requiring management and stakeholder attention to ensure all parties are well informed.
- Creation or consolidation of project team weekly project status reports, Executive &/or client Presentations.
Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Independently conducts standard analyses to identify problems in methods, processes, or workflow; interprets results of analyses; recommends solutions to address identified requirements, problems, or inefficiencies.
- Integrates a broad knowledge of logistics and supply chains within customer organizations (e.g., product flows, information flows, and finance flows) to solve complex customer problems and develop strategies for accounts that will improve time to market of products, lower costs and maximize profitability.
- Maintains plans for projects requiring limited coordination and resources; identifies critical path items and assesses areas of risk throughout the lifecycle of the project; employs project planning tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, action item tracking, Jira tickets, Confluence) appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Project Management preferred
- Experience in After-Market Services / Logistics / Supply Chain industry desirable
- 2-3 years of experience directly related to software implementation and/or consulting services
- Requires minimal supervision from a more senior manager; accepts considerable responsibility for project success; effective ability to assist others in the completion of assignments through knowledge sharing.
- Proven track record of ability to execute customer program portfolio of projects and services
- Strong business acumen and ability to provide team coaching in matrix organization
- Proactive approach to managing customer projects and overall business strategies
- Experienced in leading matrix project/program cross-functional teams in communications processes to drive a proactive accountable service to assigned customer
- Strength in communication at all levels of the corporate hierarchy
- Ability to work in a highly demanding, high intensity environment
- Detail oriented, committed to deadlines and have solid verbal and written communication skills
- Understand or capable of understanding database and application configuration concepts
- Ability to travel up to 25% on an annual basis, both domestically and internationally
Employer will not sponsor visas for this position